Rosemary Clawson was born March 12, 1920 to Benny and Mary Capicotte in Nigara Falls, New York. Her mother passed when she was six years old and was raised in the Nigara Falls Catholic Orphanage until the age of 12, when she went to live with her grandparents, Vicenzo and Pama Carso.
She worked at Woolworths and the Shredded Wheat Factory during World War II. She attended the Troth Vocational High School from 1937-1939.
Rosemary married James Clawson on Aug. 7, 1943 and the couple moved to Tallahassee, Florida, where he was station at the Dale Mabry Field while in the Army Air corps. She moved to Hardin in June of 194, where the “City Gal” was introduced to the farm and waited for her husband to return at the end of the War. The couple made their home at the Floyd Warren Corporation until February of 1956, when they moved to Hardin. She was employed at several different retail stores including Anthony’s, Husted’s and the old Ben Franklins before going to work at the Hardin City Hall in 1961 for the water department and operator of the police radio. She retired in 1981 after 20 years of service.
Her parents, husband, and brothers Jim and Carmen preceded Rosemary in death.
Survivors include her sons Gary ”Skip” (Donna) of Omaha, Neb and John (Valerie) of Stevensville, MT; granddaughters Tara (Josh) Ropski and Blaine Brookshire; and three great granddaughters Alina, Olivia and Zane.
Funeral mass will be celebrated 10:00 am Wednesday Dec. 13th in the St. Joseph Catholic Church. Interment will follow in the Hardin Fairview Cemetery. Bullis Mortuary has been entrusted with the arrangements. Should friends desire, memorial contributions may be made to the Big Horn County Historical Museum.